Program Director for Education and Training
Liberty Day is the Program Director for Education and Training at START, where she oversees the administration of educational programs including the Global Terrorism Minor, experiential education program, and the Graduate Certificate in Terrorism Analysis, and assists START efforts to develop practitioner-focused training products aimed at making research findings accessible to both policy-makers and practitioners. In her training development capacity, she serves as the lead Instructional Designer and is primarily responsible for curriculum development, coordination of both on-line and in-person training delivery, and program management. Ms. Day has over 14 years of experience as a project manager, technical assistance provider, and has served as a professional trainer to diverse audiences.
Summer/Winter Courses – START offers fully online summer and winter courses each year, which are open to any current degree seeking student or non-degree seeking individual.
Global Terrorism Studies Minor – This University of Maryland undergraduate program is designed to train the next generation of terrorism analysts, including students who plan to pursue graduate study related to terrorism as well as employment in the federal, state, local, non-profit, and/or private sectors.
Graduate Certificate in Terrorism Analysis – This online graduate program provides participants with advanced education on the causes, dynamics and impacts of international and domestic terrorism.
Master of Professional Studies (MPS) in Security and Terrorism Studies – This online graduate program prepares students to examine the complex social, political, economic, and psychological underpinnings of terrorist and other asymmetric security threats.
- University of Maryland Baltimore College, Post Baccalaureate Certificate, Instructional Technology, 2019
- University of Kentucky, M.S., Counseling Psychology, 2002
- Georgetown College, B.A., Political Science, 1998
- Health Outreach Partners, Senior Project Manager, 2008-2015
- Bluegrass Prevention Center, Prevention Specialist, 2006-2008
- Residential Program Center, Lead Dual Diagnosis Counselor, 2004-2006
- Bluegrass Prevention Center, Early Intervention Specialist, 2003-2004
- Chrysalis House, Program Coordinator/Primary Counselor, 2001-2003
- Kentucky Bar Association, CLE Coordinator, 1999-2000