In this video, presenters Nur Adillah Omar, Elmira Akhmetova, Muthanna bin Saari, Raja Muhammad Khairul Akhtar Bin Raja Mohd Naguib and Amelia Yuliana Abd Wahab speak on a panel moderated by Hafiz Iman about “Future of P/CVE Governance in Malaysia: Policy, Education, and Cultural Perspectives.” This is the second event for the International Symposium on Preventing/Countering Violent Extremism (ICVE) in Malaysia and Southeast Asia, a multi-disciplinary symposium that aims to bring together scholars, researchers, and practitioners from the region and around the world to promote collaboration, present research findings, and discuss policy implication on preventing/countering violent extremism. Disclaimer: The views expressed in this video are the speaker’s own and do not necessarily reflect the views of START, the University of Maryland or the United States government.
- Nur Adillah Omar (Student Scholar Presenter), Profile of Individual Radicalization in Malaysia
- Elmira Akhmetova, A Framework of Good Governance in Regulating Religious Extremism in Malaysia
- Muthanna bin Saari, Multiculturalism as a Driver in Preventing Radicalisation Process
- Raja Muhammad Khairul Akhtar Bin Raja Mohd Naguib, Mechanisms of Policy Implementation of Counter Violent Extremism (CVE) in Malaysia
- Amelia Yuliana Abd Wahab, Revisiting History of Malaysian Higher Education and Violent Extremism: The Universities And University Colleges Act To Counter Armed Communist In Second Emergency