Project Manager & Researcher
8400 Baltimore Ave., Suite 250, College Park, MD 20740
Max Erdemandi is a Project Manager & Researcher at the Strategic Influence Initiative within the University of Maryland’s National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism (START). Prior to joining START, Mr. Erdemandi worked as Project Coordinator for the Laboratory for Unconventional Conflict Analysis and Simulation (LUCAS), supervising a Minerva Grant project (DoD) at Duke’s Social Science Research Institute on understanding, measuring, modeling strategic influence and resilience. Mr. Erdemandi now continues his work at START, under the supervision of Dr. Tony Rivera. In addition to his Minerva work, Mr. Erdemandi engages in research on U.S.-sponsored education and cultural programs as public diplomacy and counter-radicalization efforts.
Mr. Erdemandi holds an A.M. in Interdisciplinary Studies from Duke University, and an A.B. in American and Cultural Studies from Hacettepe University in Ankara. He has also completed course work in political science, international relations and quantitative methods at Istanbul Bilgi University. Mr. Erdemandi has a strong interest in mixed methods research in a diverse list of areas, including public diplomacy and counter-radicalization, grand strategy and strategic policymaking, cultural and gender studies, popular culture and social media. He has bilingual proficiency in Turkish, and limited proficiency in Italian and German.
- Duke University, A.M., Interdisciplinary Studies, 2014
- Istanbul Bilgi University, Graduate Work, Political Science and International Relations, 2015 - 2016
- Hacettepe University, A.B., American & Cultural Studies, 2012
- Graduate Fellowship, Duke University, 2012 - 2014
- Fellow, The U.S. Department of State Kennedy-Lugar YES Program, 2006 - 2007
- Project Coordinator, Duke University, 2016 - 2018
- Digital Content Strategist, Collective Istanbul, 2016
- Program Advisor, The State University of New York, 2015 - 2016
- Special Events and Resources Coordinator, Duke University, 2014 - 2015