Associate Professor and Director of the Terrorism Research Center, University of Arkansas
Jeff Gruenewald (Ph.D., Criminal Justice, Michigan State University, 2009) serves as Director of the Terrorism Research Center (TRC) and Associate Professor in the Department of Sociology & Criminology at University of Arkansas. Hi is a PI for the American Terrorism Study (ATS), co- U.S. Extremist Crime Database (ECDB), and Bias Homicide Database (BHDB). Dr. Gruenewald’s research has been funded by the National Institute of Justice and Department of Homeland Security through the START Center. He has extensive experience in leading terrorism and homeland security projects the span multiple years and involve collaborative research teams of faculty, staff, and students from across different universities and government agencies. Dr. Gruenewald has published over 40 peer-reviewed articles, mostly on topics related to terrorism, other forms of extremist violence, and the policing of terrorism. He has presented his research findings at national and international conferences, and has produced numerous research briefs, media reports, and other transitional products to promote wider consumption of his work. Dr. Gruenewald continues to teach graduate and undergraduate courses on topics of terrorism and homeland security, hate crime, and other criminal justice matters.
- Michigan State University, Ph.D., 2009
- University of Arkansas, Associate Professor and Director of the Terrorism Research Center, 2019-Present
- Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis, Associate Professor, 2015-2019
- University of Arkansas, Assistant Professor, 2011-2015
- Florida International University, Assistant Professor, 2009-2011