START is dedicated to expanding access to terrorism research experience through our internship program to students otherwise unable to undertake an unpaid internship.Five, $1,500 awards are available for underrepresented minority students to join our summer 2017 intern cohort.
Fellowship awardees must participate in STARTs Summer 2017 Internship and Enrichment program which entails interning on one of START's research projects for at least 20 hours/week over the 10 week program.
Applicants must be an undergraduate or graduate student enrolled at least half-time at an accredited institution in Fall 2017 and represent an underrepresented minority group, and demonstrate financial need.
Applicants must submit:
- An application for START's summer 2017 internship program (applications found HERE),
- An application for START's Summer Minority Student Fellowship (application found HERE).
This application includes:
- A statement of purpose and goals,
- A letter of recommendation from a faculty member of the student's home institution, and;
- A copy of the student's FAFSA for the 2017-2018 academic year and/or a letter explaining your financial need (max. one page).