The National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism (START) is now hiring a temporary hourly assistant to provide support to the Education Program at START’s headquarters at the University of Maryland, College Park. The assistant will work closely with the Graduate Education Program Coordinator to provide administrative support for START’s Education Program. This position will work a minimum of 10 hours per week, with the possibility of working additional hours depending on candidate availability and workload. The position has a term of six weeks. We are looking to fill the position immediately and no later than August 28, 2017.
About START’s Education Program:
START’s education program includes internship, undergraduate, graduate, traditional, and distance learning programs.
- Digitize historical START student files
- Manage spreadsheet data of digitized files
- Fulfill administrative duties such as data entry
- Provide administrative support for members of the education team as assigned
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Ability to meet deadlines and attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Excel
- Excellent organizational and written communication skills
- Flexible and positive attitude
- Technological troubleshooting skills
This position will work a minimum of 10 hours per week, with the possibility of working additional hours depending on candidate availability and workload. Salary is $13 per hour. The person selected for this position will work on site at START headquarters in College Park, Maryland and will report directly to START’s Graduate Education Program Coordinator, Joyce Rasing.
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume in one document to Joyce Rasing at email@example.com with “Education Assistant Position” as the subject line. For best consideration, apply by August 13, 2017.